Content, or developmental, editing is concerned with the structure and content of your book. With the skills of a published author and a registered psychologist I can provide in-depth feedback on both your strengths and how we can make your story shine.
What you’ll get:
- Thorough Edits – in relation to the theme of your book and the underlying premise, the structure of the story, deep characterisation and character development. I also review pacing, narrative voice, and style. I aim to challenge you and collaborate with you to make the best book possible.
- Clear Understandable Feedback– track changes right alongside your original work, so you can compare and decide. Accept or reject, it’s totally up to you.
- Specific Solutions – I pride myself on entering the author’s universe, their unique point of view and story, and providing ideas for the areas I’ve identified. It can include ideas needed to spike the story, deepen personalities, maybe alter the pace or tension.
- Respect – this is your story, you’re the boss. I honour your intentions, dream and aspirations for the story you’ve created. As a writer myself, I also know how fragile our writer’s ego can be. This means I aim to be flexible, sensitive and encouraging.
Please note: I am not a line editor or proof reader. Those services are much better served by those who have a natural talent in these areas.
Cost: $35 per hour (about 7 pages per hour)
Email me for a specific quote – I’m happy to edit the first few chapters so you can see whether your time and money is well invested before you commit to the full manuscript.
Got a psychology related question? Does your character have a psychological condition? Would you like to know what happens in a therapeutic counselling session? Curious how you can deepen characterisation and character development? Need some more information about how to hook your readers?
I provide online consultation to address your specific questions. We can Skype or email, it’s up to you.
Cost: $50 per hour
Email me with your inquiry and I’ll let you know how I can help.
Writing is a conundrum. It’s one of the most rewarding endeavours you’ll ever undertake. It’s also one of the most challenging. From plotting to pantsing, from motivation to writer’s block, from prose to tension and voice and style, there’s a lot to master.
What I’ve learned is it’s something that shouldn’t be done in isolation.
With one on one coaching we could cover all or some of the following:
- Organise and focus your writing
- Develop a clear and compelling premise or plot
- Determine a tone, style, and voice based on your intended audience
- Produce a coherent, captivating narrative
- Overcome writer’s block
- Share my expertise in relation to psychology and writing
- Encourage and motivate you every step of the way
Cost: $60 per hour
We can meet weekly, fortnightly or monthly via Skype or email.
Email me if you’re interested in breaking through the ceiling of your writing career and producing your best work.
PS I’ve kept my prices as affordable as possible – I know what it’s like to balance your passion for writing and the need to keep a roof over your head ; )
Alternatively, fill in the contact form below and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.